The purpose of this training is to look more closely at what we know about abuse as well as how we, as individuals and as a part of our organisation, can improve the way we protect children.
We will consider ways we can improve our own knowledge in this area as well as looking at how we can more effectively work with other agencies in protecting children.
- To give practitioners a greater understanding of abuse
- To better understand the legislation we work under
- Develop greater knowledge of the roles of other agencies
- Understanding our roles more effectively in the context of safeguarding
- What you should do if you have concerns about children
- What should happen once you have informed someone about concerns
- What further ongoing contribution you may need to make to the process of assessments